Saturday 21 July 2012

Schwarzkopf Powder'ful Volumizing Styling Powder review

Afternoon everyone! Today I thought I'd do a little review of one of my favourite products - the Powder'ful (i love a good pun!) volumizing styling powder by Schwarzkopf.

Right so this is firstly what Schwarzkopf have to say about the product (in their usual 'hip' down with the kids way of speaking):
Break the rules 4 how u style with got2b Powder'ful volumizing styling powder and take your volume to new heights! (just to add, another good pun, love it) This revolutionary, weightless formula texturises each hair strand to create maximum volume at the roots - in an instant!






What a lovely explanation, to begin.. haha, I couldn't help cringing a little at the use of text language in that, but moving swiftly on.. I would have to agree with the more sensible part of that description in that my favourite thing about this product is it's weightlessness - the fact that you don't even feel like you have any product in.

The powder is basically a white substance that you rub into your hands until it 'disappears' and then rub into your hair, where it creates instant volume at the roots. There isn't too much to say about this product apart from IT REALLY WORKS. And by works, I mean works well! I can instantly see lift in my roots and I find it perfect for when I want to create that 'messy look' for either nights or days out, as well as days when my hair is just looking a little limp. By dissolving into your hands, it's pretty effortless to just scrunch up your roots however you want and leave them looking amazing.



By the description of a powder you may imagine that this leaves a grey residue similar to that of dry shampoo but the great thing is that it is completely invisible - it's absolutely impossible to tell you're wearing it, apart from your new voluptuous hair of course!

There is a sprinkling feature at the top similar to that of hundreds and thousands (okay, getting myself hungry now..) meaning that it only distributes a little each time - which is all you need to use. This means that the product has also lasted me an absolute age, because i'm not using tons! (just to clear this up, there is a lid that goes on top of the sprinkling feature, it's not going to spill everywhere, I was just silly enough to lose it, darn it liv!)


The only fault I have found with the powder is that it lasts a maximum of a couple of hours - so if you're heading out for the day you would need a top up - but I find it great for a quick spruce after school or after work to give my hair a bit of life!

I have quite thick long hair, so I can only recommend for similar hair types, but if you have different, I would still give it a go and see how it works! I imagine that it would last a lot longer for short hair, as the hair isn't weighing the style down.

Another tip is that if you're looking to buy it, I would definitely buy online - I paid £4.07 for it in Boots, but have since found out that you can buy it on Amazon for around £3 - so if you're planning to use lots of it, that's definitely the way to go!

Thanks for reading, have a good evening everyone :)

Liv x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Liv:) check out my new post:D http://themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/you-need-to-read-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really fun product! But my hair is terrible when it comes to hair products ;( xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is great fun, worth a try if you have a few pounds going spare! love your blog by the way!:)

      Delete
  3. I need this I never even seen it before so glad I found your blog!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so so good! hehe i'm glad you found us too ;)
      liv x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I make sure to read all of them and will always reply to any questions :)