Thursday 23 May 2013

NARS Laguna Bronzer





It feels quite ironic sitting here writing this post, staring at these gorgeous sun filled photos whilst I'm sat in my room with rain hammering on the window - so let's all just forget about rainy England and for a few minutes concentrate on happy things! For example - maybe a bit of NARS Laguna?!

Another birthday treat from my lovely friends, this is the first NARS product I've ever owned - and I'm not going to lie, I had very high expectations! I'd heard lots and lots about Laguna since being part of the blogosphere, both as an all round face bronzer and for contouring, so I was very excited to try it out!

The first thing that I noticed when I opened it was that the size was pleasantly surprising - I'd seen the blushes before and they'd always seemed pretty small for the price tag, so I was happy the bronzer was a bit bigger (around 6.5x5cm). I love how expensive the packaging feels, it's something you'd happily pull out in public to show it off - though the matte black does seem to get mucky pretty quickly. My favourite thing about the packaging is probably the large mirror inside, which is often overlooked in products but comes in so handy for touching up on the go!!

The actual product itself is quite pigmented, as I expected, but it also really easily blended into the skin to give a subtle finish. Unfortunately, it does have a slight shimmer to it - this combined with it's colour being a bit too orange tinted for my pale skin means it's not great for contouring on paler skin, and I much prefer my NYX Taupe for contouring.

It's not all bad news though! I've discovered this works really well as an all over bronzer. I'm not too much of a fan of fake tanning my face as it's majorly sensitive, so if I've fake tanned my body I can sweep this over my face to give myself a bit of a glow and make sure my face is the same colour as my neck/body! It works gorgeously on pale skin and lasts well.

I'm actually really happy with this product, definitely something I'll use more as it gets into the sunnier months to fake a bit of colour!

Liv
xxxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Love your review of this product! I've heard so much about it, everybody seems to love it. Glad it works well for you too :)

    http://doublecasualchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is meant to be an amazing bronzer, but as I am also very pale, maybe its just not suited which is really unfortunate as this just looks so lovely! Great, honest review, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my faaavourite bronzer ever, so perfect for pale skin

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win asos, topshop or space nk vouchers + a goodie bag! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE how summery these pictures look! Laguna has been on my wish list for quite a while, but I am such a big fan of Benefit Hoola that I can't bare to replace it! For future reference that's a gorgeous contour shade for fair skinned ladies :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you! Might have to treat myself at some point.. For blog purposes of course haha!

      Delete
  5. ooh i've been wanting to try nars laguna for a while, ive never tried anything from nars but i've heard their eyeshadows are really nice! love your blog, just followed! would love if you could check out mine!xo

    www.oliviaroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds great.. I don't own any Nars products but need a new bronzer! Love your blog and am now following you! :-) xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and love it! Great post about Laguna :) I was suprised with the size when I got mine too!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I make sure to read all of them and will always reply to any questions :)