Sunday 6 January 2013

Boots Botanics - 'All Bright' Purifying Face Scrub

Own brands for me are always a little touch and go - quite often they are products which yes, are very cheap but use cheap, useless ingredients to achieve this, and end up being altogether fairly pointless - that's if they don't start irritating my sensitive acne-prone skin as soon as I bring product to face. But every once in a while, a shop will bring out an own-brand product which somehow, is actually very good - and then the price is just a bonus.

I've read quite a bit about the new Boots Botanics range - some good, some bad, but I wanted to give it a go and after months of exfoliating using sugar and lemon juice (which I have to say, is gorgeous and works amazingly, but just a little messy) I decided to bite the bullet and buy their Purifying Face Scrub. I hadn't read any reviews on this product in particular, but the packaging was cute and hey, for £2.49 you can't really go wrong!





The first thing that struck me when I picked this up was the how cute the packaging was - I love the colour scheme and I find tubes so handy - and much nicer than scraping product out of a pot. Of course, when I start to reach the end I'll have the usual problem of trying to get the last bit out, but I'll probably just cut the end off and wahey, there's my product! The tube also has a nice opening to it which doesn't splurge product out all over the place, and is fairly easy to keep clean.

I used this after cleansing my face and I have to say, I really loved it! The beads are rough enough so that you can feel it working on your skin and doesn't feel totally pointless, but not so irritating so that it hurts your face or you get that horrible feeling where your fingers go all tingly from rubbing it in. After washing this off, my skin immediately felt gorgeously smooth and soft to touch, and still felt gorgeous the morning after. I've been using this about once a week when I have time to add the extra stage into my evening routine, but I can definitely notice the difference on nights where I have used it. I even got a comment from my older sister yesterday, who's back from uni, who had pinched a bit when I wasn't looking and said how good it was - and how she was definitely going to go and buy a tube to take back to uni with her, for when she can't just borrow all of my many products!

In summary, this didn't irritate my skin and left it smooth and soft with lasting effects for the next day or so. Cute packaging and what the hell, for £2.49 why not!

Liv xxx

9 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect! I bought the night cream and face wash in the same range a couple of days ago and I'm loving them too. ^_^ xx

    cat-throughacatseyes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i may have to splash out (or not, judging by the price of this!) and get some more products! liv xx

      Delete
  2. WOW sounds fantastic - and the price : AMAZING!! definitely am going to purchase this one - thanks love!!
    Lots of love from
    Annabelle
    TheCurleyGirl
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    http://thecurleygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's surprisingly gorgeous! haha no problem, enjoy! xx

      Delete
  3. What an amazing post! And a great price, you cant beat that

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just googled Boots Botanics and came across this blog post! It looks beautiful. I was contemplating on whether to try this product and I think I will now. Great blog post.

    Love Daniela (new fan) - ohellabella.blogspot.com

    Ps. I'm doing a jewellery giveaway at the moment if you'd like to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried any of the other Botanics products yet? I'm so tempted to buy this now that I've seen your review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I make sure to read all of them and will always reply to any questions :)